Only In Georgia
A woman went boating one Sunday, taking with her some cans of coke which she put in the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was taken into ICU and on Wednesday she died.
The autopsy revealed a certain Leptospirosis caused by the can of coke from which she had drunk straight out of,not using a glass. A test showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis.
After I read it I looked up at the cashier and I know I probably had this look on my face like, are you fuckin serious?? She kind of grinned and almost in an excited tone said "Yeah, isn't that somethin?" I just looked at her and said "It's fuckin disgusting".
I left the store not feeling quite as thirsty as I was before. I thought to myself, Jesus what a bunch of fuckin idiots! You're in a business that sells canned drinks, among other things, so you give the customer a fuckin horror story about the possibility of death resulting from slurping on goddamn dried rat piss coated cans! Is that your marketing strategy?
Then later I had the idea of looking for the article or story or whatever it was on the internet....I found it. ON THE GODDAMN URBAN MYTHS WEBSITE!!! Holy shit! This must be the dumbest thing I've ever encountered, I thought it couldn't get any dumber as I was leaving the store; boy was I wrong. I mean the shit's not even true, that's like pizza hut putting a big warning on their boxes saying "Eating pizza could cause SPONTANEOUS HUMAN COMBUSTION"
Only in Georgia